Construction Notice #1
The City of Whitehorse and Skookum Asphalt are re-starting construction on the Range Road South Asphalt Path Extension. Here's what you can expect and how you or your property/business may be impacted during construction:
What can I expect
- This is what you may see:
- Trucks, excavators, graders, sweepers.
- Workers in hard hats and safety gear.
- Temporary fencing and signage.
- Traffic control personnel.
- This is what you may hear:
- Sounds typical of construction.
- Machinery beeping, some increased traffic noises.
How will I be impacted?
- You may need more time to walk, cycle, take transit, or drive through the area. We will do our best to minimize traffic disruptions and ensure safety for all road users and construction personnel.
- You may need to park elsewhere. We often need to park our vehicles as close as possible to the construction site and need space for storing materials and equipment. We will do our best to minimize use of on-street parking and parking disruptions.
- You may hear loud construction noise during the day.
- You may notice construction dust. We will do our best to control dust.
How will my property or my business be impacted?
- We may need to temporarily close accesses to local properties and businesses during construction. We will work with local properties and businesses to minimize access disruptions.
When will construction happen?
- Construction will commence during July 2022. The hours of work for is from 7 am to 7 pm.
- We will update you on anticipated construction start and end dates.
Where will construction happen?
We will be doing work near the following roads:
- Range Road between Two Mile Hill Road and the Alaska Highway.
Who do I contact for questions or further information?
Use the "Ask A Question" tool to ask the Project Team a question about the project.
Stefan Baer, E.I.T.
Project Manager // Transportation Engineer-in-Training
Engineering Services, City of Whitehorse
+1 (867) 689-4776
+1 (867) 668-6326
Thank you for your contribution!
Help us reach out to more people in the community
Share this with family and friends